September at our library is National Library Card Sign-up Month and our displays are throughout the library.
Do you have a library card? Do you know it's the smartest card you can have in your pocket? Look at it this way...
- Need homework help? Encourage your child to ask a pro - your librarian.
- Why buy when you can borrow? Your public library is a goldmine of books, magazines, movies, CDs and other great stuff.
- Make learning fun. Check out reading clubs (our library book club is Novel Destinations for adults), storyhours, movies and other free programs for kids and families.
- Free stuff @ your library. Most public libraries provide computers - and classes - for kids to use, mom and dad too.
- Keep kids reading. The more kids read, the better they do in school. Your library has something for every age and interest.
- Look, listen and enjoy. Borrow films and music for the whole family.
- Bring the whole family! How many places can you all enjoy together? For free!!!
- If you don't see it, ask! The library may be able to get it for you.
- It's never too late! Use the library 24/7 online. And remember we have a new website address. It's http://mccls.org.
- Remember, learning begins at home. See your library's parenting collection for tips on how you can be your child's first and best teacher.
- Your library card is your key to opportunity!
It's the smartest card you'll ever have!