So, who are they?
- They are a fast growing organization consisting entirely of volunteer advocates who believe passionately in the need for a strong library system to benefit the community.
- They focus attention on library services and needs;
- volunteer assistance with programs, special events, or in-library services;
- promote the use of library resources and programs throughout the community;
- and raise funds for special projects, equipment, and materials in excess of the general library budget.
- discounts on library specialty items, i.e., book bags, T-shirts, bookmarks, etc.;
- early admission to special events;
- invitations to library receptions;
- forgiveness of two overdue book fines per membership year;
- receive advance notice of special additions to library materials, i.e., Get Outdoors Georgia (family pass for free admission to any historic site operated by GA State Parks, Recreation & Historic Sites);
- and more!
There are different categories of memberships to fit your lifestyle, i.e., child/student, adult, senior/military, family, etc.
You're invited to join our corps of dedicated volunteers! For more information, pick up one of the Friends brochures at the library, email us at email@example.com, or call us at 985-6540.