Tuesday, July 31, 2007
But...when the library opens after inventory (August 4), there will be tons of free magazines! And CDs, records, audio tapes and videos will be on sale for 50 cents each. Hardback books and large paperbacks will be 25 cents each. Small paperbacks will be 10 cents each. Now, how could you beat a deal like that???
- "Latinas in the United States: A Historical Encyclopedia" - What do Hispanics think about the war in Iraq, or the immigration debate? How do they view their place in U. S. society? You can also check out the nonpartisan research center's website at http://www.pewhispanic.org/
- "Political Handbook of the Middle East 2006" - This book is vital to understanding the social currents and political changes that rock this volatile region of the globe.
- "Encyclopedia of the Underground Railroad" - by J. Blaine Hudson. His masterpiece speaks of the many people, places, and even songs that were part of the railroad.
Elois also said if you're contemplating making a Will or need to know your legal rights, check with her. And there are books on landlords' property management, lease and rental agreements, health conditions, college data, etc. Just ask for Elois! In the Reference Library!
Thursday, July 26, 2007
"If you wanna fit in here in the South, you got to say it right!"
"I DO say it right!"
"No, you don't! You say lie-bray-ree."
"Well, that's right!"
"No it's not!"
"Well, what am I supposed to say?"
"Like it is . . . lie-berry!"
We have all kinds of special ways to say things here in the South. But to us at MCCLS, it doesn't matter how you say it. We just want you to show up and enjoy the multitude of services and activities we have for you here at the Moultrie-Colquitt County Library and the Odom Genealogy Library.
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
- "Lean Mean Thirteen" by Janet Evanovich (Stephanie Plum novel) - mystery, 3 CDs
- "The Navigator" by Clive Cussler & Paul Kemprecos (Kurt Austin Adventures) - mystery, 5 CDs
- "Bungalow 2" by Danielle Steele - fiction, 5 CDs
- "Evening" by Susan Minot - fiction, 2 CDs
- "Too Late To Say Goodbye" by Ann Rule - mystery, 5 CDs
- "The Bourne Ultimatum" by Robert Ludlum - mystery, 3 CDs
You can locate these books on the first carousel in the reading area.