Wednesday, November 14, 2007

You Might have To Reserve A Spot!

The other day I did a quick tour through the library to see and listen and snoop, but I don't tell many people I do that intentionally. It's one way I gather my stuff for the blog. Anyhow, I found something interesting and asked my coworker to come with me to see it.
That's when Aileen and I sat down on one of the most comfortable sofas I've been on in a while. We sat there on those comfy seats and looked around us at the new furniture and just grinned. You see, the new furniture is in the library's reading area. And if you didn't know better, you'd think you were in someone's lovely living room.
Melody, our director, told us the other day she was going shopping for furniture, but I guess I didn't expect to see it this soon.
There's a sofa and matching loveseat in a gold/green/burgundy floral pattern. They have plush cushions and plump pillows in complimentary patterns and colors.
Then there are four mahogany chairs with burgundy and gold seats and backs. And to accompany them are three matching end tables and a sofa table.
So, here we are today sitting in our office and Aileen just said, "I need a nap." And guess what I thought? Maybe we should go sit up there in the reading area. I think I've seen a couple of people napping on those comfortable sofas.
Hmmmmm! You might have to reserve a spot if you want to sit in that area.

No comments: