Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Food Must Be On My Mind!!!

Maybe it's because I baked a bunch of cinnamon swirl muffins for the Veterans Coffee last week. Or maybe it's because I decided (what a wrong time to do that...right before Thanksgiving!) to go back on my Weight Watchers food.
Anyhow, there I was, minding my own business, walking past the rack of returned books, when I saw this book I had to pick up...If You Give A Moose A Muffin. Isn't that cute?
It's from the Children's Library, of course, by Laura Joffe Numeroff and illustrated by Felicia Bond. The moose on the cover is charming! What else can I say? And he's holding a stack of titillating, good-smells-rising muffins! Made my mouth water!
I took the book back to the office and sat right down to look at it. The summary said: Chaos can ensue if you give a moose a muffin and start him on a cycle of urgent request. That was very intriguing to me and I had to read the book from front cover to back.
Here's a hint about the story: If you give a moose a muffin, he'll want jam on it; and another muffin and another muffin. You'll have to go to the store to buy muffin mix; he'll want to go, but will need to borrow a sweater. And it goes on and on. Get the idea? One thing leads to another.
If you have kids, I hope you read to them, because this is a great book to read aloud.
If you don't have kids, I'd advise you to come to the Children's Library, pick out a book, and then sit and read it for a while. Your whole day will brighten UP and you'll leave with a grin on your face.
Take the time. Read a kid's book. Brighten up your day.

No comments: