Wednesday, February 18, 2009

She Said She Needed Another Reader's List

I heard from my friend Alice the other day. We talk occasionally by phone or email until I can get to Tallahassee. Since she knows I work at a library, she always asks me for a list of books to read. So, she said, "Hey, I need another reader's list. I've finished the last one you sent." And I said to her, "Well, here it comes."
I have several websites I frequent to check for books I want to read, and Bookreporter is one of them. This time I sent their list to my friend and I'll share it with you here. I found all of these books in our library or through the Interlibrary Loan System, so you won't have any excuse not to come check them out.
Bookreporter's "Most Requested Top 10 New Favorites" are:
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
Loving Frank by Nancy Horan
The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs
Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah
The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson & David O. Relin.
Their "Most Requested Top 10 Ongoing Favorites" are:
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle
Life of Pi by Yann Martel
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier
The Alchemist by Paul Coelho
Peace Like a River by Leif Enger
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
Enduring Love by Ian McEwan.
So, there you are. If you enjoy a reader's list, this should keep you busy for a while. I've read only two out of the first list and three from the second list. That means I need to get busy and start reading the rest of them also.
How sad. I can't imagine anything nicer than sitting in a big cozy chair with a cup of hot tea and reading.
What's your favorite book and reading place? Do you have a reader's list?
(Source: Bookreporter.com)

No comments: