Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It's A Cold Time For Watching Good DVDs

It seems like all I've wanted to do lately is stay home, curl up under my snuggly blanket and watch a good movie on my own little TV, with the biggest bowl of popcorn I can have and a cup of hot cocoa.
There are some really great DVDs right here at the Moultrie-Colquitt County Library that you can check out with just the show of your library card. No money
required.
Today, the bad weather made me think of DVDs we have about the weather and the world, in general, that I could watch; ones like:
* How the Earth Was Made,
*A Global Warning,
*The Whole Wide World, and
*Life After People (I saw part of that on TV; it was
scary!).
But I think I've had enough weather. Maybe I need some DVDs more exciting, such as:
*Adventures of Sherlock Holmes,
*The Scarlet Letter, and
*The World's Most Famous Detectives.
Or these frivolous ones:
*Mona Lisa Smile,
*Miss Congeniality,
*Stepford Wives, and even
*Seabiscuit.
If I want to learn more serious things, I could watch:
*Banned from the Bible,
*Ancient Secrets of the Bible,
*Exodus Decoded,
*Scientology: An Overview,
*Left Behind, and
*Secrets of the Koran.
Of course, I can't leave out the funny ones that kids like, even me! Like:
*Popeye the Sailor Man,
*Bee Movie,
*Jungle Book,
*The Little Princess,
*Thumbelina: A Magical Story, and
*Bridge to Terabithia.
Now, I know that you think there are a lot of old DVDs I've mentioned here, but you know what? Sometimes those are the best movies of all.
Bring your library card and come see us while the weather is cold. You might as well stay inside, stay warm, and watch a whole bunch of movies. Now is the time to do it, because Spring is just around the corner and then you'll be outside all the time.
Well, until you have to stay inside because it's too hot outside.

No comments: