Thursday, October 4, 2007

Put A Little Humor In Your Day!

There are days when I just have to turn the television off, because what the networks are showing for humor are too painful for me to watch. People get hit on the head by flying waterhoses, or bounce off trampolines and land in sticker bushes, or get chewed on in the most unlikely places by fiesty little dogs. And when I read the newspapers, I have to hunt for the funny stuff, other than the comics. So, today I decided to tell you some jokes, because I want to put a little humor in my day! They're silly, I know, but they are humorous!
  • Why did the librarian slip and fall on the library floor? Because she was in the non-friction section. (Get it? Non-friction.)
  • What did the detective do when he didn't believe the librarian's story? He booked her!
  • Do you know how many librarians it takes to screw in a light bulb? No, but I know where you can look it up.
  • Where does a librarian sleep? Between the covers.
  • When a librarian goes fishing, what goes on her hook? A bookworm, of course. (Ouch! that hurt!)
  • What does a librarian eat dinner from? A bookplate.

Well, you get the idea. Then I decided to see what kinds of humorous books we have here at the library. I asked Holly to select a few children's books and she picked these:

  • Wackiest Jokes in the World (J818P)
  • Too Cool Jokes for School (E818.54K)
  • My Tang's Tungled and Other Ridiculous Situations (821.08B)

And not to leave the adults out, Johnnie selected:

  • Joke: Laughing Out Loud (808.87C)
  • Russell Baker's Book of American Humor (818.02B)
  • Barbara Johnson's series of humor; one book is Stick a Geranium in Your Hat and Be Happy (1248.8J)
  • And a young adult book, Official Golf Lover's Joke Book (808.7W)

If you're in the same place as I am with the humorous television shows and newspapers that are too serious, remember there's a place right here in your home town that will provide you with a laugh. You can pick up a funny book from the library with just your library card, read it in the comfort of your home while you're eating a snack, and not even have to pay the largest part of a ten dollar bill to get a good laugh! We're open Monday through Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., except on Tuesdays when we're open until 8 p.m. That gives you lots of time to get a book made of paper, an audio book, a VHS movie or a DVD, and put a little humor in your day. Goodness knows, we all need to laugh more!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Hey, I really liked your jokes, just what we need on a dreary day!

Your right, you don't have to spend a lot of money to have a good laugh. Just come to your local library and check out our books.
Ann