Thursday, July 2, 2009

July 4th Is A Wonderful Time To Think About Our Freedoms

Have you ever wanted to say "thank you," but didn't?
Then wished you had?
Next time, say it...it's easier than you think.
Our webmaster, Aileen, sent me an email yesterday. It showed a movie about The Gratitude Campaign. The movie began with those words.
Take the time and watch the full length version. It's at http://www.thegratitudecampaign.org/.
So many times while I'm at work or at home, I forget about how many people are fighting for our freedoms. And we have many freedoms. So many that sometimes we can't count them all.
Then the evening news comes on and reports come in from across the world, showing us pictures of our loved ones, loved ones of friends and strangers, as they fight the battles to protect us and our freedoms.
I'm sure I'll be one of those many people who watch special July 4th programs on television, listen to patriotic music, see the multitudes of fireworks displayed across our nation, and see some of our wounded veterans as they attend those July 4th programs.
Somewhere during the evening's programs my feelings will be touched and along with others I will cry. And I will wonder what I can really do, here in my little hometown, my little world, to show more appreciation to those who serve in our armed forces.
How can I thank them when I see them?
When you watch this movie of The Gratitude Campaign, you'll find out.
July 4th is a wonderful time to think about our freedoms. With the help of The Gratitude Campaign we can carry those thoughts throughout the year.

No comments: