Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Read Anything Good Lately?

Today while I was pulling books for September displays, I ran across the cutest children's book called "Read Anything Good Lately?"
That sounded like a great title for a blog...so, here it is.
The book is written by Susan Allen and Jane Lindaman, and illustrated by Vicky Enright. It was published in 2003 by The Millbrook Press, Inc. out of Connecticut.
The book takes an alphabetical look at some different places and things to read. And of course, as I read through it, I thought about whether I'd read anything good lately.
Here are some of the things mentioned in the book any of us can read: an atlas, a biography, comic books, the dictionary, an encyclopedia, fairy tales, gossip magazines, history, information on the Internet, joke books, the back of the Kellogg's (tm) cereal box, literature...well, you get the idea.
The pictures in the book are colorful, funny, and very detailed.
My friend Dorothy would like the one that says "Recipes in my rocking chair."
I would like the one that says "A vacation guide in the van."
And of course, we could all read "Whatever in the waiting room."
It's a perfectly delightful book for you to read to your youngster or just read all by yourself. Because the last page says "And what have you read lately?"
Good question, huh?

No comments: