Thursday, November 18, 2010

Well, I spoke too soon!

     Just when I thought I had my winter reading all set...just when I thought I'd found my series to read...well, I spoke too soon!
     Today our director showed me the books she ordered with the Joanna Rosner Estate gift.  Ms. Rosner's gift was to purchase only mysteries and the books have started coming in.
     On our "New Books" shelves and our "7-Day-Loan" shelves are more books than I could possibly read during just one winter-sitting.  I may have to extend my series reading far into the summer.  And look at some of what I'll be reading.
  • Nancy Atherton writes the "Aunt Dimity" series.  Aunt Dimity is a ghost and signs of her appear in every book.  The new one on our shelf is Aunt Dimity Slays the Dragon.  But, I've read all this series and will move on to another.
  • Emilie Richards is the author of the "Ministry is Murder" series.  We have the book A Truth for a Truth.  This is a new series for me and is now on my must-read list.
  • Jennifer Chiaverini writes lots of books about quilts.  I've been watching her list grow over the past few years, but haven't begun any yet.  The Rosner gift has purchased The Lost Quilter, Circle of Quilters, The Runaway Quilt, and The Aloha Quilt.  We have lots of quilters in town who will really enjoy these books.
  • Jessica Conant-Park and Susan Conant write the "Gourmet Girl" series, books about the doings of an executive chef.  We have Cook the Books on the shelf with recipes included.
  • Ellen Crosby has a series of "Wine Country Mysteries."  If you're a wine-lover, these are your books.  The one on our shelf is titled The Viognier Vendetta.
  • The Laura Childs "Tea Shop Mysteries" I've read from first book to last.  However, she also has a "Scrapbooking" series and we have her book Fiber and Brimstone.
  • Gail Fraser's books were introduced to me by our director.  She writes "The Lumby" series.  This is another series I've followed from the first book, and now I get to read the latest, Lumby on the Air.  Just checked it out!  Guess what I'll be doing all weekend!
     So, you see, there's just so much to read here at the Moultrie-Colquitt County Library.  What with all the new books purchased with the gift from the Estate of Joanna Rosner, we are so excited about what we have to share with you.  Come check them out today.  But beware.  If you're a series-lover, they might go fast.

1 comment:

Kris... farm snippet writer said...

Wow! A great listing! I'm going to try some of these also. I enjoy the Tea Shop and the Miss Dimity, and have been looking for a good quilting series.