Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A word from our director

     I can hardly believe it.  Thanksgiving is only days away and that means Christmas will be here in a flash!
     My grandmother always told me that the older I got, the faster time would go.  I never believed her then, but now I know she was telling the truth.  There are evidences all around me that prove that fact...I have lived in Moultrie much longer than the place I call my hometown, my children are now adults, I have had the same job for 35 years, and on my next birthday, I will be...well, old enough.  How did that happen?
     At this time of year, I always look back over the past 11 months to see what I've accomplished.  Sometimes it's hard to put my finger on a single tangible project because so many activities seem to be on-going.
     But the one thing I can always count as an accomplishment is the fact that I have grown (as a human being) because of all of the wonderful and sometimes quirky people with whom I have come in contact.  I hope that each of you know that I count you as one of the "wonderful" people who has influenced my life this year and made it so rich. 
     When Thanksgiving rolls around and I am counting my blessings, there are so many of you right at the top of the list.
     Thank you for enriching my life and have a happy Thanksgiving.
     Melody S. Jenkins, Director, Moultrie-Colquitt County Library System

No comments: