Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Oh, my gosh, it's the new year!

"What are you doing in here?" she said.  "It looks like a bomb hit this place!"

"I know," I moaned.  "But we just came back to work and I have so much to do."

"Well, no more than anyone else," she moaned back.  "You should see my desk!"

"That's just a desk," I said.  "This is a whole office place!"

     She saw my point.  Even though it is a two-person office place, we have this little place stuffed!
We have boxes on the floor filled with left-over Christmas stuff, table tops covered with old calendars, new calendar stuff that goes in the lighted hall display case, old red December newsletters, books and papers, an extra rolling cart that we wheel up and down the hallway, and too many other things to mention.

     So, what am I going to do about all this stuff?

     Well, I'm going to put up the January 2012 calendar in the lighted case right after lunch.

     I'm going to get the rest of the Janisse Ray Writing Workshop's publicity out, send the staff their emails about the event, and fix up the receipt for the event.

     I'm going to call the lady about the February Black History Month display.

     I'm going to do the Novel Destinations Book Club's bookmark to announce the meeting on January 10th, which will be about Hawaii.

     I'm going to post the soup flier for our staff soup day the last of the month.

     I'm going to finish the AARP Tax Aide sign-up sheet to give to Johnnie.

     My coworker is just as busy as I am.  She's going to work on the January newsletter and calendar, add Tumble Books to the children's website, update the website (which is an enormous job), do publicity for upcoming events, and she said she's going to clean her desk.  She just bought a new three-shelf bookcase to put on the top of her desk.

     So!  There you have it!  That's about all we can do in the short time we work this week.  We are, you see, only part-timers and must schedule tightly all the things we have to do.

     Now you know.  And it's the new year and I'm already tired!  Coming back to work is not to rest!

1 comment:

Kris... farm snippet writer said...

Whew! I thought I had a load of stuff to do...you are outdoing me. Good luck getting it all done. Sounds like a lot of exciting things coming down the pike!