Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What's In Your. . .Car?

You know that commercial "What's in your wallet?" Well, I went around the library asking, "What's in your car?". . .meaning what books do you have in your car? I was surprised to find that lots of people keep phone books and atlases in their car. I mean, I have road maps of a couple of cities and states, but I never thought about putting a whole atlas in the car! Just goes to show I don't go very far, I guess. Anyhow, here's what I found on my survey:
  • Norma has My Father's Dragon, Ruby in Her Own Time, Pirates Don't Change Diapers, and A Mama for Owen (now what would you expect from a children's librarian?). And she has a Moultrie phone book and atlas.
  • Jinx has Invisible Acts of Power by author Caroline Myss.
  • Ann has a Moultrie phone book.
  • Keva has a paperback, but couldn't remember the name.
  • Aileen has Assassin's Apprentice, Sudoku and crossword puzzles.
  • Gail has The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Ramona and recipe books.
  • Irene has phone books, an atlas, and her teaching books for church.
  • Melody has Sudoku; audio books, such as I Heard That Before; a phone book, atlas, the owner's manual to her truck (I bet we all have one, but she was the only one to say this), and one of her Bibles.
  • Monique has an atlas and phone book.

So, I guess I should ask you: What's in your car to read? Other than the phone book and an atlas? If you don't have anything, be sure to come to the library and check out a good read. Or if you don't have time to read, check out those audio books. We have lots to choose from. . . . And it's still September, National Library Card Month. Drop by now and get that free library card! It will open a whole new world to you!

1 comment:

Ann said...

HI, Thanks for the blogs, I really enjoy them and you learn so much. Thanks again.

Ann