Thursday, December 18, 2008

Remember, We're Closed For The Holidays

Since you're reading the blog, I know you saw our home page first. Did you notice the scroll across the upper part of the home page? It tells about our holiday season closing. We will be closed from 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, December 22nd, until Monday, January 5,
2009.
I know that seems like a long time when you need to come to the library and use a computer to help you find a job. Or if our computers are the only way you can get your important emails. Or if you really need more children's books to keep the kids happy until school starts again.
But since this particular holiday season comes only once a year, maybe you should take time off from all those things you've been tied up with. Get away from the worry for a little while. Maybe it's time to appreciate all the blessings you do have.
I thought about my blessings as I drove to work this morning...the roof over my head, a hot shower whenever I want one, a car to take me where I need to go, loved ones to share Christmas Day with. Little things like that. I know we'll have food on the table, but this year we all decided not to give Christmas presents. Instead we said we'd call each other on the phone and talk for a while. And I like that as my Christmas present, because I can hear my loved ones' voices. That's a blessing, too...loved ones' voices.
So, as we close for the holiday season, we will think of you, our patrons, and say a special prayer for you. We'll look forward to seeing you in the new year and have all our services ready for you to enjoy in 2009.

1 comment:

Bookworm said...

Hey, Susan! Thanks so much for your nice comments. (Some haven't been so nice.) I enjoy writing this blog even though I was told most blogs never last more than three months. We are now going on quite a few months. And due to people like you, writing it becomes more fun every day. Thanks again!