Tuesday, April 15, 2008

We've Made A Start In Our Walk to Las Vegas!

Hanging on the break room door here at the library is our map to Las Vegas. Eleven staff members are signed up for the long hike. The anonymous names they've selected couldn't be more strange than our desire to walk all that way to Las Vegas. Names like Kestral, Valen Aklason, Sunflower, On the Road Again, and Lulu are lined up down the sheet of legal size paper. Across the top of the paper are the dates we are to record our weekly miles.
We recorded our first miles on April 9. The last date to record will be August 6, unless we get to Las Vegas before then.
When I went back to the break room today to tally up the miles, I came up with 120 miles for our first week. That's a tiny dent in the 2,119 total miles we have to go. But apparently, we have a long time to hike.
Did I tell you that we will have exercised 42,380 minutes to get to Las Vegas just by walking? My friend told me her ped-o-meter (as she calls it) will be broken by then.
Wish us luck! And wish us lost pounds in our long hike to become more healthy than we already are.
I just might get a new pair of tennis shoes for myself.

No comments: