Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I Can't Believe Today Is The Beginning of Fall

Where has the time gone?
I know there are lots of things to tell you about the library, but today I'm just piddling along, I guess.
You know how you feel when Spring comes, the breeze is warming up, the birds are crazy, and the flowers are popping out of all their little green leaves? Well, that's the way I get when Autumn arrives. I seem to have Fall Fever.
Now, don't get me wrong, it doesn't make me lazy. It just makes me...well, like I want to get outside and take a long walk in the fresh air, stare up at the blue sky (which doesn't have those big white, fluffy Summer clouds) and daydream. You know, the sky this time of year is really a different color of blue than it is in Summer.
So, as my poor brain struggles to write this blog, my "other" brain is thinking about outside.
By the way, if you get a chance, take a look at the display in the main lobby foyer. It's all about outdoors...hiking, rock climbing, historic sites, parks and nature. You can't miss the display. You'll see a small green camping stove and a pair of tan hiking boots.
We are gearing up, however, for October. We have big plans for October. And that's just around the corner. Eight days to be exact. The ninth day is October 1st.
I promise I'll do better tomorrow. Well, maybe not. Fall lasts a long time. Right up until Winter and we really don't have Winter here in South Georgia.

No comments: