Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I Found Miss Tizzy

Occasionally, I don't want to write the blog. The words just don't seem to come to me, and I promised I'd write things about the library that would interest you. But, like I said, some days the words just don't come.
It's on days like these that I take myself for a walk around the library, checking up on who's here and what's going on. Of course, I start in the Genealogy Library and work my way down the long white hallway.
We have "Our Memory Wall" up again this year with the hopes that the public will recognize some of the faces in the pictures. We're still trying to identify many people. Maybe when we hold the Veterans' Coffee, someone will add to our identification struggle.
My walk always ends up in the Children's Library, and it's there I take peeks into various children's books.
Today I found Miss Tizzy.
This is a lovely, little story about a woman with personality. She's an individual with a purple hat and high-top green tennis shoes. And she loves the neighborhood children.
Each day of the week she has something planned to do with them. On Mondays, they bake. On Tuesdays, they make puppets and have a show. On Wednesday, she plays her bagpipes and the children form a band with spoons and pans. Each day is a special day with Miss
Tizzy.
Toward the end of the book, the children turn the story into a real work of love. You'll have to read it for yourself. I won't give the end away. But it is a lovely, little story.
"Miss Tizzy" is written by Libba Moore Gray and illustrated by Jada Rowland. The pictures are beautiful watercolors, full of patterns and shapes.
I'm going to put Miss Tizzy back in the Children's Library in the "EG" section. But I won't leave empty-handed. I'm sure I'll find another book just as lovely.
Why don't you see if you can find Miss Tizzy?

No comments: