Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's Not Even Thanksgiving And We're Thinking Christmas

Today I noticed our Christmas Wish List on the processing area's work table. It's that time again, and we've not even had Thanksgiving yet.
However, you have to take into consideration the game plan. Our Christmas Wish List is there for us to fill out because the big Calico Arts and Crafts Show will be in town this weekend. And everyone here at work usually fills in our Christmas Wish List so the person who draws our name will know what we want. That way they can get it at the Calico Show, if they so desire.
That means we have to think about Christmas before Thanksgiving gets here. And that's really hard for me to do.
We're also putting up Christmas decorations where I live. Some neighbors have Christmas wreaths on their doors. Some have lighted and moving deer in their yards, as well as decorated Christmas
trees.
But again, you have to take into consideration the game plan. On Thanksgiving Day evening, we will have the lighting of the Christmas tree on the Courthouse Square and the lights that are strung across the streets. Everything will be Christmassy-shiny on the evening of November 26th. So, our apartment complex decided to "light up" at the same time.
Well, I thought about what I wanted to put on the Christmas Wish List. My first request is always another book (not that I need any more). There are just so many on my list to read, and even though I can check out most of them from the library, there is an occasional one I'd like to have in my private library.
But I didn't ask for a book. Instead I thought long and hard about all those great Christmas movies that will be coming out, and I asked for a discount ticket booklet to the movies.
I don't intend to put up my Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving. I'll go to the Calico Show and look around, and maybe pick up something for someone for Christmas. But I really like the logical order to things.
I like Thanksgiving first, then decorating for Christmas.
But I'll be right there in the middle of the crowd on Thanksgiving Day evening when they light up the Courthouse Square. And I'll probably visit Books 'n' More, too. I might find that book I'm looking for along with a hot chocolate to drink.
I really don't want to be called a Scrooge.

No comments: