Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Thank You, Dear Reader

I have to tell you I got a real thrill this morning.
Our webmaster received an email today from a man who had read one of the Bookworm's blogs way back in September 2008. The blog was about Bibles as family treasures, and specifically mentioned a large family Bible our Odom Genealogical Library had received. Names written in the Bible on record pages were people from the Moultrie area.
I remembered writing about Bibles being treasure-keepers of family history. With this particular Bible I wondered if it had been the dearest possession someone took with them to a nursing home. Or if it had been on someone's buffet in the dining room. Who was the last person to touch it? Where was the family it should have gone to? I had so many questions.
I listed the names I found recorded in that Bible, hoping someone out there would recognize the names. And he did. So, he wrote asking about the Bible.
For me, it wasn't so much the name he asked about as it was the date of the blog he read. He was researching his family name, put it in Google, and up came that blog date and the name, which was a tag or label. That blog was written over a year ago!
I have to say, I was so pleased I listed those names and he found one he was looking for.
And I have to say, I'm so glad people are reading the blog. Thank you, dear reader. Makes this job even more fun!

No comments: