Tuesday, March 23, 2010

There's Lots Of Work To Be Done

This is one of those days when I didn't want to come in to work this morning. Not that I don't have anything to do. But the sun was on its way to shining, and I just knew when I came out at lunch time, it was going to be warm and spring-timey.
And sure enough, it was.
I should have stayed home, I thought. I could be reading, right now, on my front porch with my Alexander McCall Smith book about The Ladies' No. 1 Detective Agency. I could be sipping my iced tea and reading in the warm sunshine, the kind that after a while makes you want to take a lazy nap.
But I'm here at work.
Really, that's a good thing, because I'm compiling the contact list for our authors' event that will be held in May. This will be our third annual authors' event. This year it will be called "Books & Bites," and we're planning to invite around 80 authors.
Now, that doesn't mean they are all going to show up, but we're going to invite them. They cover just about every genre that you'd want: Christian fiction, memoir, poetry, local history, children, Bible studies, fiction, and political. The writings are about revenge, serving our country, what Moultrie was like long ago, falling in love, local killings, baseball, rivers and railroads and plantations. The authors come from Moultrie, Tifton, Albany, Valdosta, Thomasville, Bainbridge, Tallahassee, and all points in between.
So, there's lots of work to be done, and we're getting close to sending out our invitations.
May is just around the corner, and we're getting excited about seeing new faces and old faces...well, maybe not old, but faces we saw last year anyhow. We'll keep you posted so you can begin getting excited about our upcoming event.
It's bound to be as spectacular as last year's...maybe even more so.

No comments: